7.04.2004

Beginnings

As if I don't talk enough or spend enough time on the damned computer...now I'm into this blog thing. We'll see how it goes. Chasing two curtain climbers around (well, chasing one around and dealing with the other's demands as he is not yet up and moving) is more than a full time job so my posting may be sporadic at best in the beginning.

For those of you who do now know me, I'm the "Six" of our household. Hubby makes the money, I put it to use. He's an Army man - a Chinook pilot and we are just getting settled in our new little part of the world after having moved from Alabama. Trying to unpack a house with 2 little ones to look after and a husband who is busy getting settled himself is, well, a challenge. One, I must admit, I am frequently not up for it seems. But it's getting better and the house is beginning to look like a house and not a storage unit which is doing wonders for my disposition.

A little background on me...I was born and raised in the Los Angeles area. I met my husband while we were both working as lifeguards for the city we both grew up in. We've been married for almost 7 years and together for over 12. As I mentioned before, we have 2 kids and 2 spoiled rotten pound kitties who shed enough for me to knit a cat-hair afghan if I knew how to knit.

In my former life, I taught high school health and PE and coached swimming and plan to get back to that once the kids are in school but that's a ways off. I love to read, surf the net, scrapbook, swim, do most anything outdoors, and most of all spend time with my family.

I'll be posting more soon. And more so once hubby (dh for short) heads to the sandbox (not sure when but he will be going...we know that for sure). This is just the beginning...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Welcome to the new addiction ;). I look forward to reading your blog!

Homefront Six said...

"addiction"...that's what I was afraid of...

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...