10.06.2004

I miss my friends...

When we lived in Alaska, we were blessed with some very good friends. After Princess Trouble was born, they became a very large part of our lives and loved her like she was one of their own. Then we moved.

When we got to Rucker, we were again blessed with some very good friends who - like our friends in Alaska - became a very large part of our lives and loved Princess Trouble and, later, Little Man like they were their own. Then we moved again.

We've been here for 4 months and we'll be moving again in another 4. We have not found a church and I honestly wonder if it is worth it to try to do so now that we will be moving. I hate to put Princess Trouble through that again. Moving from Rucker was tough on her and it took some time for her to adjust (and it took some time for me to adjust). I hate the thought of having to uproot her again. It's easier if we haven't made any strong ties to anyone here. Don't get me wrong - we have friends. Good friends. But not quite like our friends in Alaska and Alabama. Leaving our friends here will be tough but not horrible. Leaving our friends in Alaska and Alabama was like saying goodbye to family.

I miss that. I miss them. It's a pity party Wednesday night here I suppose. I'll get over it, I know. I am usually one to look on the bright side of military life. Very few things about this life get me down for long. This is one of those nagging things, you know? Of all of the "stuff" that comes with the military life, this is the one thing that I have a truly hard time with - being apart from family (and my good friends qualify as family).

Thank God I have The Husband, Princess Trouble, and Little Man - they are my life. And for that I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I think there is always one duty station where you just can’t get your life in a good groove. You know good friends all that stuff.

For me it was Florida when dh was on recruiting duty. I always felt like a fish out of water there.

I do plan a visit to see you before you go.