10.24.2004

Post #51!!!

I didn't think there was that much to write about in my life but this will be post #51. Wow.

First, I want to say Happy Birthday to Dolores. Monday is her birthday and I didn't get a chance to talk to her Sunday night as is our SOP so I'll wish her happy birthday here instead :)

I want to know where the heck October got to!!! Halloween is NEXT FLIPPING WEEKEND! How the heck did THAT happen? It was JUST October 1. Sheesh. I suppose time flies when you're having fun...at least we're closer to the elections and hopefully an end to all of the political crap all over the media. Whoever wins, I pray it's by a parge margin. Anything tight and we're going to be dealing with lawsuits and arguments over hanging and pregnant Chads for weeks. God help us.

Tuesday, Princess Trouble has a consult with the pediatric cardiologist. She had her EKG last week and to my untrained eye, it looks normal. Hopefully the MD will agree with me. I know it's most likely a benign murmur and really nothing to worry about but that Mama Bear instinct is strong and sometimes all I want to do is wrap her up in the fleece blanket that is on the couch and hold her and never let her go.

Nothing too exciting (other than the above-mentioned dr. appointment) this week. Just our usual stuff - school, library, dressing up in the Cinderella dress (Princess Trouble, not me!), drooling all over the place (Little Man, not me). It can get boring at times but I really do love our routine existence. I crave it. The idea of it being disrupted again when we move is already giving me stomach cramps.

Don't get me wrong - I am thrilled at the prospect of moving to Hawaii. I"m just not thrilled at the prospect of moving. WE JUST GOT HERE. One of the senior Warrant Officers in The Husband's unit was giving him grief about us heading to Hawaii ("I want to go to Hawaii! How come YOU as a WO1 get to go to Hawaii???"). A few days later I ran into the spouse of another pilot in The Husband's unit and when she heard we were moving to Hawaii, she asks "Who did you PAY to get that assignment?" Ok - look...anyone wants to VOLUNTEER to swap us so we can stay put just COME ON DOWN. I didn't ask for this move. Yes, we asked for Hawaii...and about 11 other options. BUT I DON"T WANT TO MOVE. I would gladly give someone our Hawaii slot if it meant we could stay put. But it's not an option right now so leave me alone! I tried to be nice to the woman who asked who we paid...really, I did. I won't post what I was thinking - wouldn't want to offend one of my 3 readers. I simply smiled and told her that we have some wonderful connections...we don't really. But SHE doesn't know that.

On that note, I am off to bed. Little Man slept through the night last night! Well, he woke up twice but all he needed was the plugger (aka pacifier) replaced and he was back to sleep. Woke up about 8:30am after having gone down last night around 9. WORKS FOR ME. Of course, now that it is my turn again to get up, he'll be up for hours tonight. It's a good thing he's cute :)

'night!

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...