10.13.2004

Where is my "PCS folder"?

Just to illustrate the true depth of my obsessive-compulsive personality when it comes to things that can be planned, I have a "PCS folder". For those of you unfamiliar with the acronym "PCS" it means "permanent change of station" aka MOVING.

My brother and sister-in-law are moving from the West Coast to the East Coast this month. They have a (soon-to-be) 7 year old and a 2 year old. They have lived in their house on the West coast for almost 7 years. They have never moved cross country...with kids...ever. They are FREAKING OUT. Understandably so. But I have to remind myself not to downplay their anxiety over this move. It is HUGE to them.

Yet here we are, facing our 4th move in 3 years and our second move of over 1,000 miles in 2 years and the only thing that is stressing me out right now is the fact that I cannot find my damn folder. There's nothing IN the folder that I need. I haven't printed out the blank calendar sheets from Outlook yet. We have orders and we have a NLT date ("no later than" - the last day The Husband can sign in and not be late). We have a ballpark idea of when to ship the car, when to have the movers come and pack our stuff, when to head to California for some real Mexican food and In-N-Out burgers. But the fact that all of this will be happening in less than 4 months either hasn't set in yet or I'm becomming immune to it.

Holy schniekies, batman...less than 4 months. Crap. I need to go find that damn folder.

'night

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...