11.15.2004

Halleujah!!!

Princess Trouble is 3 years and 2 months old. She's a smart girl - sometimes too smart for her own good. We have been working on potty training for about 8 months now. It's been an uphill battle full of setbacks, frustrations, headaches, and accidents. But I think we're almost there. Of course, now that I've said that, she'll take a step backward but that's ok. She told me this AM that she wanted to wear big girl panties to school today. I almost fell over. Once I collected myself I said sure and reminded her that she needed to go to the potty anytime her teachers told her to and that she could not go potty in her pants because she wouldn't have a PullUp on. She agreed. I packed 2 extra outfits. When I dropped her off at school this AM, I warned her teachers that she was in big girl panties and then made her go potty before I left. When I went to pick her up this afternoon, she was STILL in the clothes she went to school in! NO ACCIDENTS!!!

On top of that, she is currently SLEEPING in big girl panties for her nap. We'll see how that goes. I'm so THRILLED!!!

In other news, again I have nothing really to report. I take that back. My friend who runs a military spouse website that I frequent posted a story today that scares the HELL out of me...

Here's the link : Doctors Group Opposes Mandatory Mental Health Tests for Kids

I'll be writing to my Alaska senators as well as my local senators (even though we're not registered here) abotu this one. Scary...just another reason I am considering home-schooling my kids. I would encourage you to research this and act as you see fit.

Friends of mine need some prayers. Their oldest son has run into some trouble - his guilt or innocence is not what I'm praying for. He is in a heap of trouble and he really needs help getting his life back on track. If he is guilty of the crimes he is being accused of, he will be in prison for a while. If not, hopefully this will serve as a wake up call that he needs to make some changes in his life. Regardless, his family is very upset and they all could use some good thoughts.

Found out this week that I don't have to repaint my house! Because we live in military housing we are supposed to return our quarters to the condition they were in when we accepted them. Well, I've painted 2.5 rooms and was trying to figure out when I would have time to repaint before we have to clear and leave. I found out that I can have the military repaint and all it will cost me is 7 cents per square foot! Assuming that includes priming and such, it will run me about $20. Less than I paid for the paint in the first place. WORKS FOR ME! One thing less for me to worry about. *whew*

Little Man is *this* close to walking. God help us! I would love to see him (if he's going to do it) take his first steps while my family is here - that would be COOL! He's also now got EIGHT teeth - he cut SIX all at once. YOUCH. Of course, when Princess Trouble did that, she wound up in the hospital with bronchiolitis but he seems to be a different kid. I hate to see the gummy smile leave though...they grow up too fast.

That's about it for now. I'm off to get some chores done around the house and start making my Thanksgiving shopping list. Bring on the FOOD!!!

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...