11.08.2004

Happy Birthday to The Husband and other rambles

Yesterday was The Husband's birthday - he's 31 now! Hard to believe he was only 18 when I met him! I'm still not quite sure what I did to deserve such a wonderful man. He truly is the best thing to have ever happened to me.

Happy Birthday baby...I love you! moo.


In other news...

I have little or nothing to report. Seriously. The Husband's mother - aka my Mother-in-Law or MIL for short - came for a visit last week. Spoiled the kids ROTTEN but that's a Grandmother's job, isn't it? She and I took the kids and drove down to see Uncle K graduate from IOBC (Infatry Officer Basic Course) and to wish him luck at Ranger School (which he started today - God help him). Long trip but it was so good to see Uncle K. Wish we could have spent more time with him - one afternoon wasn't enough. But we'll see him at Christmas.

MIL was kind enough to stay with the kids for a night so The Husband and I were able to head off on our own. I was able to spend a glorious 2 hours sitting in Barnes and Noble just READING...OMG - it was heavenly! Then we wandered around this GIGANTIC mall, went to see some other touristy sites in town, came back to the mall for dinner and then saw the movie "Ray" . GREAT movie. Jamie Foxx was incredible - it was so easy to forget that it was Jamie Foxx and not Ray Charles up on that screen. And all in all, it was a wonderful evening.

Now we are gearing up for Thanksgiving. MY parents will be here as will my Grama. I'm so excited to have her up - I can't wait for her to be able to spend some decent time with the kids. Little Man may be walking by then (yeah, he's all of 8 months old right now...).

Other than that, there's not a lot going on. Found out that our good friends from Alaska are relocating to northern Alabama so they will be CLOSE to us for a bit!!! I am thrilled at that prospect yet sad that we will be moving soon. Damn Army.

Still haven't embraced this upcoming move. I'm usually one to have everything planned out to the nth degree by now but I haven't even organized my PCS folder. Don't really feel the urge to. We don't have orders in hand either and I really don't care. I'm hoping they get lost. Doubt they will but a girl can hope.

The Husband FINALLY got to fly last week. FINALLY! He had a good flight but they wound up flying at night (had to push back the takeoff time because the commander was in a meeting and wasn't around to sign off on some paperwork...idiot...oops, did I say that out loud? my bad...) which wiped him out for the next day or so. But he got to fly and that was the important part. He's more like his old self again which is what I like.

It's cold here now which is great. I love fall - the period between Halloween and Christmas is my favorite time of year.

I'm off to do some more coursework. I've been putting it off for 3 weeks now and I need to get my act together. I'll try to post more this week.

Oh, and by the way...I"M SO GLAD THE ELECTION IS OVER AND BUSH WON!!! I hope Kerry slinks back in to the shadows from whence he came. Dirty rat-bastard. There...I've said my piece and you'll never hear me speak of him again (or so I hope).

1 comment:

barks said...

DD (dear daughter) you got lucky with himself!!! he's a keeper!!!

hope the card arrived. hope he had a happy one.

hugs to all of you!!!

me