11.17.2004

I used to have an immune system

The kids are sick. Nothing new there. I was hoping to avoid catching it - I've done so in the past...once or twice. Not this time. Feels like I swallowed a ball of barbed wire. Can I tell you how pleasant that is? Why is it that every flipping cold I get attacks my throat. Along with my throat hurting, I have lost my voice...again. Lost it when we moved from Alabama too - all of 5 months ago. Since I turned 18 (lost my voice on my 18th birthday too) I have lost my voice on average once a year. Seems like every cold I get heads straight to my throat. Better than what it does to Princess Trouble I suppose. Every cold she gets goes right to her chest. Still, it's getting kind of old.

Didn't stop me from cleaning the house though. The floors here are linoleum. Have I mentioned how much I hate linoleum? Can't stand it. Not only is it hard on my kids' heads when they fall, it is easily dirtied, hard to keep clean, and - because the Army is insistent on using the lowest bidder - crappy. Just like our dishwaster...I mean dishwasher. P.O.S. let me tell you. I'm beginning to think my parents have the right idea - their dishwasher died on them years back and they just didn't fix it. I hate to unload the thing and having to wash my dishes BEFORE I put them in the dishwasher and then have to run them through the stupid thing AGAIN is a waste of time, water, and my sanity (of which there is precious little left).

It dawned on me today - as I attempted to be quick at the commissary and just pick up a few things - that Thanksgiving is only a week or so away. I couldn't figure out why the commissary was so busy. Then I looked at the calendar when I got home and realized that there are only 9 days until Thanksgiving. Ack! That's why I was scrubbing the floors today. I have a "TO DO" list and it's longer than Princess Trouble's wish list to Santa so I need to get hopping on that.

I suppose that means I should get off my hiney and get to it. Eh, I'll wait til tomorrow.

1 comment:

barks said...

today was my day off; i did laundry, got room ready for my mom; wrapped the few gifts we've bought so far; put the Norfolk Pines together in front of the big front window and decorated them.

now i don't have much to do but bake a pie before next Wednesday; and work till then.

BUT, i do get to see my mom, my kids (i consider the SIL as mine) and the grands.

it will be good!!!

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...