11.19.2004

My Christmas Wish List

It's a little too early to go to bed but I don't have the energy to do anything else right now. I'm also waiting to hear from a friend who is making her way, with her husband and kids, from Fort Bragg to Kansas. They are supposed to spend the night but weren't supposed to leave North Carolina until 3pm or later today and it's a 10 hour drive. She said she'd call when they got ready to leave but I haven't heard from her and darnit if I can find her cell phone number. Anyway...

So here I sit. Christmas is creeping toward me. I'm not quite in a festive mood right now - could be this damn cold I can't shake. I sound like someone who has been smoking for 50 years - my voice sounds like The Husband's...only deeper. At first I thought it sounded sexy. Now I think it just sounds annoying so (much to my family's joy) I am not talking much. Not to mention my chest hurts from coughing so much and my throat still feels like I have swallowed barbed wire. Gonna be a GREAT weekend...

Maybe a good night's sleep will help me kick this thing.

Here's the list. This is posted more to appease my boredom than it is to suggest anything to anyone. However, should you feel inclined. I'm always willing to accept gifts!



subscriptions : Readers Digest, Swimmer, Better Homes and Gardens, Simple Scrapbooks, Family Fun

fax/copier

new scrapbooking book by becky higgins - creative sketches

creative lettering cds - combo

bull durham on dvd

gift certificatess: mervyns, target, gap, barnes & noble, old navy

u2 cd collection - especially war

really good set of measuring cups & spoons

thompson twins cd

soul asylum - hang time

ub40 - ub40

johnny clegg & savuka - shadow man

peter gabriel - shaking the tree

rob base & dj e-z rock - it takes 2

tesla - 5 man accoustical jam

drill bits for my Makita

America the book by Jon Stewart

soundtrack to "Ray"

anything "Get Fuzzy"

Mork & Mindy - the complete 1st season on DVD

Gooseberry Patch Christmas ; Book 6

any or all of the nativity pieces from the Willow Tree collection (though I think I'm going to buy the actual 6 piece nativity set for myself)

new pair of Oakleys - mine are beat

books on Hawaii

Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace personal software

More Than Enough by Dave Ramsey


I'll add more as I come up with it. Along with this list, I have a "biggies" list - things that I want but are probably too much to ask for :

1. winning lottery ticket so I can pay off our debts and start investing in our retirement again

2. this damn cold to go away

3. A 2004 Range Rover - silver or black

4. A 2005 Volvo XC90 - silver

5. a new washer and dryer - one of those washers that can handle 23 towels all at once



The wonderful thing about BOTH of these lists is that everything on here is material. We have been blessed at this point that we have our health, good friends and family, a roof over our heads, food on the table, and a secure income. The above-mentioned items are just superficial - I truly have everything I could ever ask for. And I am truly thankful for that.

'night

2 comments:

Haole Girl said...

I have a bunch of books on Hawaii I can send - I'd love to play Santa!! E-mail me if you are interested!

Gail said...

I hope your cold leaves very soon!

Sending you ((((healing))))) vibes!!!!