1.12.2005

Adventures in moving - Part 2

We are now at T-19 days. The movers have been scheduled, the plane tickets have been hammered out (I have to give kudos to the Travel Office here - they really went above and beyond the call of duty to get us these tickets). Temporary lodging is set up on this end and pending on the other end. We are heading to my parents' place this weekend to drop off a bunch of stuff we won't be needing in Hawaii (like winter clothing...). I'm not as orgainzed in the house as I would like to be but I should be able to get most of it taken care of before the movers come.

Our housing allowance went up a little while back. Once we move to Hawaii this will be to our benefit as the housing allowance for The Husband's rank went up a whopping $300+ per month. That puts us firmly in the market for a 4 bedroom house (hopefully WITH a garage since 10x10 foot storage spaces on Oahu go for $250 PER MONTH). YAY!!! We would have room for Little Man AND Princess Trouble to have their own rooms as well as an office for us. One less thing for me to worry about.

Now it's just a matter of spending time with friends we will be leaving behind, sorting through our belongings and deciding what to get rid of and what to keep, and waiting. Seems we do a lot of that in the military.

I went to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house tonight and came home with a fresh appreciation for my children. Yes, they are rambunctious at times. But NOT like my friend's children. THANK GOD. I could not handle the chaos that permeates that house. They are good kids...just not as good as mine...

'night

No comments: