1.31.2005

Adventures in moving - part 7

We're down to hours now. I'm too tired and not feeling well so I don't have the energy to figure out how many hours we have left before the chaos ensues. I like order. I like things neat, tidy, and in Rubbermaids if possible. The chaos that comes with strangers milling around in your house putting your belongings in boxes is enough to give me ulcers. I'm surprised I don't already have one. I do know that I am about to crack my lower canine teeth from clenching them at night. I carry my stress in my jaw and between my shoulder blades. Right now, my back feels like it is on fire.

I *KNOW* it will all be fine. It's just STUFF and our stuff will make it just fine to Hawaii. I *KNOW* this. At the same time, I just want it OVER. I want them to pack and be gone with it all. Then it is completely out of my control and I can let it go. But right now, my OCD is in overdrive and it is all I can do to make myself sit here and type as opposed to boxing stuff up. I was putting my scrapbooking pens and such in a ziploc bag (another company that I should own stock in) and The Husband comes in from the garage and says "This is what they PAY the MOVERS to do...stop packing stuff up!". But I can't. It's a control issue and I'm well aware of it. I come by it honestly. My Grama says my mom doesn't like to fly because she can't be in control of the plane. I believe it. I 'm not quite as bad (am I?) but I'm close.

I still have things to do - pack the kids' bags for day care, move all of their toys into their room, make cinnamon rolls for the movers, move the rest of the yard sale stuff into the "OFF LIMITS" zone, get the cats to their new home (the people that are taking them couldn't make it tonight...grr...), etc.

I really am going to miss this place - not only my actual HOUSE (which is awesome if you ask me!) but the people. Tonight was Princess Trouble's last dance class and the few moms (and dads) that I have begun to get to know will be missed. So will my friends in The Husband's unit. We were just beginning to get settled.

On the other hand, it's HAWAII!!! How can one complain about HAWAII??? I can't. And I'm not. I'm just sad to be leaving this place. The Husband really isn't. But I am. At the same time, I know we'll be back. It's pretty much inevitable.

I'm off to take some NyQuil and try to get some sleep. I may be MIA for a bit but I'll try to post as we make our way West. Disneyland, here we come! And then on to Paradise!

'night

No comments: