2.05.2005

Adventures in moving - part 10

Well, we are catless, stuffless, and soon-to-be homeless. Feels kind of good. Once we clear housing Monday and are on our own, it will feel really good. Like my friend Shannon, I enjoy moving because it's like a mini family vacation. The Husband has no work to go to, we have no classes or errands to attend to - it's just US.

We had THIRTEEN crates of stuff this time. I'm hoping that we don't go over our weight allowance. We're allotted 13,500 pounds. ONe of the crates was for The Husband's motorcycle so that really doesn't count. So twelve crates and a motorcycle. Damn, that's a lot of stuff. My goal each time we move is to have LESS weight than the last time. This is the first move we've made where the military has shipped ALL of our stuff so this will give us a truly accurate measure of how much we have. Hopefully when we leave the rock we're moving to, we'll have LESS weight than when we came.

Know what the sad thing is? I had 20 bags of stuff at my yard sale today. TWENTY! And this was our second yard sale since we got here. Most of it was kids' clothes so that tells me I need to stop buying the kids so many clothes. And toys. Got rid of a lot of those today too. So I think I will impose a moratorium on clothes buying and limit us to only things that we need to get through a week or so. No need for 15 pair of shorts when we really only need and use 7.

I am sad that the cats are gone but not as sad as I thought I would be. The home they went to seems to be a good one and it sure does make life easier for us. I do hope they like their new home.

Other than that, there's really nothing remarkable to comment on. I'll be taking a break for a few days until we get settled in California. Take care and have a good week!


'night

No comments: