2.18.2005

Adventures in moving - part 11...off we go...

...into the wild blue yonder!

I'm still having a tough time wrapping my brain around the concept that, as of this time tomorrow we will be not only IN Hawaii but technically LIVING there. Wow. Gotta love Army life. Who would have thought? Surely not me. When McGyver (my new moniker for The Husband...that's his actual nickname...and it fits) came home that day in September and told me we were being moved AGAIN and that our "options" were Fort Drum, Fort Hood, Hawaii, or Korea I figured that - with our luck - we'd wind up with an assignment to either Fort Hood or Korea. Neither is top on my list of "Places I Want To Live". Sorry Kolleen. I know you love Texas.

But when McGyver got the e-mail that posed the question, "Do you want Alaska or Hawaii?" I almost fell over from shock. And I don't think that shock has worn off yet.

Got an e-mail from a friend this evening that said, "Some people love to live in Hawaii & others just prefer to vacation...we'll see what you think after 3 years!" I'm definitely a "bloom where you're planted" type of person. I really have better things to do with my time and energy than hate where I'm living. And, at least for the first year or two, how the hell can anyone HATE living in Hawaii?? I mean, c'mon! IT"S HAWAII!!!

Don't get me wrong - I'm still not keen on the idea of moving twice in 9 months or leaving my wonderful house or moving away from a location that was so PERFECTLY centrally located to so many friends and family members and actually had SEASONS. But HELLO! IT"S HAWAII!!! Can't bitch about that. Really.

I'm just hoping I can get something that resembles a TAN...(those of you who know me, STOP LAUGHING.)

aloha!

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...