2.02.2005

Adventures in moving - part 8

Day 1 of the movers being here and it's going well. They seem to know what they are doing which is a nice change from the people who packed us last time. We're STILL waiting for the settlement on that claim...

The people that I thought were going to take the cats seem to be backing out. I'm not sure what I will do with the kitties but I'll figure something out.

I was driving back from the store tonight and realized I am going to miss this place. I just got past missing our friends at Fort Rucker and now I am going to have to give this place up too. At the same time, I'm thrilled to be moving to Paradise. And I already have 2 friends over there that I am really looking forward to spending time with.

The movers were kind enough to leave our bed unpacked. One of the hardest things about moving (aside from having to say goodbye to good friends) is having to sleep on beds that aren't yours. The beds in temp lodging are adequate but not all that comfortable. Maybe the beds in Paradise are better...I hope so!

We got creative with our meals tonight. My friend, The Food Whore suggested that we military spouses write a cookbook based on all of the wonderful concoctions we make using up our food before a move. I mean, how many wonderful meals can YOU come up with that utilize dill pickles, peanut butter, and mashed potato flakes?? We had left over chicken sauted in olive oil with garlic and onion tossed in with green beans and almonds. Not bad. I still need to figure out what to do with the frozen cranberries, dijon mustard, and salsa...

I'm off to collapse into my bed for the last time (well, for a while...).


'night

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...