2.26.2005

Time flies

My baby boy will be 1 year old tomorrow. Hard to believe that it's been a year. And what a year it has been. Hard, wonderful, stressful, glorious, joyful, frustrating, and something I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

Little Man amazes me on a daily, if not hourly, basis. His personality is fascinating. Different from his sister in so many ways yet similar in others. And to watch the two of them together makes my heart swell. NO ONE makes him laugh like she does. No one. The laugh that he gives to her is music to my ears. He adores her and she loves him. She has from the day he was born. All of the worry, all of the guilt about having to divide my attention - it was all for nothing. She revels in her role as a big sister and he loves it too. Of course, he knows no different...

Part of me (like any parent, I suspect) wants him to stay just the way he is. I LOVE this age (well, except for the part where he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth). I love watching him learn new things and I love the way his face lights up when he comes running to us. And then part of me wants him to keep growing and learning and changing - I suspect most parents want this for their kids too.

My only true hope is that the next year is as wonderful as the past year was and that he continues to grow to be a wonderful Little Man.

I love you baby boy - more than life itself. Happy birthday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and a righteous finger biting from me!