3.12.2005

Saturday wasted and other musings

I am not a patient person (shock of all shockers to those of you who know me). Princess Trouble needed to go to Acute Care this morning. McGyver is working AGAIN so I wound up schlepping both kids with me in the rain to the Acute Care on post. Fun. I was smart - or so I thought - and made sure to pack juice cups for each child and made sure the snack box was full.


I didn't plan on being there for FOUR HOURS. Four hours! For a BLADDER INFECTION. They weren't busy. They were being LAZY. Four hours. I thought Little Man was going to lose his mind. We were about 2 minutes from walking out the door. Aside from the Cheerios and the juice, the kids had not eaten since breakfast (neither of my kids are big breakfast eaters). Neither had I. NOT a pretty picture, especially when you add to it the fact that Little Man had to be kept restrained in his stroller otherwise he would have eaten every germ on the floor. NOT FUN. The doctor that FINALLY came in to see us was almost as mad as I was. Said there was no reason for us to have waited that long. Said the docs on duty were taking their time.


Note to others : don't make the red head MAD.


I had plans today. Even though it was raining, I was planning to head to Costco, let the kids roam around a bit, possibly swing by a mall and grab lunch and maybe even stop by a beach if the rain let up.


Didn't happen. Damnit.


I have to give my kids credit - they did wonderfully. Other than Little Man fussing a bit and Princess Trouble being her usual 3 year old self, they were not out of control. They did not misbehave. They were not obnoxious. They listened (well, Princess Trouble did...Little Man is still working on it). I have good kids.


In other news, I got my textbooks yesterday. I'm taking a full load this term (what the HELL am I thinking???). Managerial Accounting, "Drugs, Alcohol, and Society", and Nutrition for Sport Performance. Twelve credits. It's been 7 YEARS since I took Intro to Accounting so I may have to bum some tutoring time off my CPA friend. We'll see. The other 2 classes seem to be within my capacity (and mostly stuff I've either learned already in class or by teaching it). I'll see how I do on this accounting class and then decide if I want to continue with any more of the business classes.




I was starting to have a pity party for myself last night as I lay in bed, trying to go to sleep. McGyver is working again this weekend and I'm cooped up in the hotel with the kids. Grr. Then it hit 11pm. Around here, at 11pm, they play "Taps".



Day is done,
gone the sun,
From the hills,
from the lake,
From the skies.
All is well,
safely rest,
God is nigh.

Go to sleep,
peaceful sleep,
May the soldier
or sailor,
God keep.
On the land
or the deep,
Safe in sleep.

Love, good night,
Must thou go,
When the day,
And the night
Need thee so?
All is well.
Speedeth all
To their rest.

Fades the light;
And afar
Goeth day,
And the stars
Shineth bright,
Fare thee well;
Day has gone,
Night is on.

Thanks and praise,
For our days,
'Neath the sun,
Neath the stars,
'Neath the sky,
As we go,
This we know,
God is nigh.



Puts it all in perspective. My pity party is over.


Monday there was a memorial ceremony for the 27 Marines and one Sailor from Hawaii killed in Iraq.


Ten were married.

One was engaged to be married.

Two -- Lance Cpl. Brian Hopper and Cpl. Sean Kelly -- have brothers who are also Marines.

Three Marines -- Lance Cpl. Joseph Spence, Cpl. Timothy Knight and Navy Petty Officer John House -- never got to see their newborn children.

Courtesy of Honolulu Star-Bulletin

I have a LOT to be thankful for. Like I said, that song puts a LOT into perspective.

2 comments:

James Fletcher Baxter said...

IRAQ:Welcome Generation-Choicemaker

Man is earth's Choicemaker. Psalm 25:12 He is by nature
and nature's God a creature of Choice - and of Criteria.
Psalm 119:30,173 His unique and definitive characteristic
is, and of Right ought to be, the natural foundation of
his environments, institutions, and respectful relations
to his fellow-man. Thus, he is oriented to a Freedom
whose roots are in the Order of the universe.

- complete ARTICLE @ SITE

Jim Baxter
Sgt. USMC
WWII & Korean War
semper fidelis

Haole Girl said...

I wondered where you have been - it sounds like we are living parallel lives!

Let me know if you need any help with your class - I look forward to actually using my brain for a change....