4.21.2005

Honest Blogger Quiz

This is a bit old but I just found it and (in case anyone was wondering...) wanted to post my answers.



1. Which political party do you typically agree with?Typically? Republican. However, I vote the person and their stances on teh issues, not what party they belong to. I've voted for Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, you name it - in different levels of government.

2. Which political party do you typically vote for? Again, typically? I'd have to say Republican because 9 times out of 10, their candidate falls in line with my belief system.

3. List the last five presidents that you voted for? Bush, Bush, Perot (yeah, I know), Clinton (that's it - I wasn't old enough to vote until 1990 so the first Presidential election I could vote in was 1992 and, obviously, I was much more liberal than I am now)

4. Which party do you think is smarter about the economy? Based on W's track record, I'd have to say neither party has a CLUE about the economy. But the party isn't just one man so I'd have to go with the Republicans on this one. Run it like the business it is, not the social charity you want it to be.

5. Which party do you think is smarter about domestic affairs? I follow the Libertarian party lines for the most part so, again, I think I fall on the Republican side of things. Let people be in charge of their own lives.

6. Do you think we should keep our troops in Iraq or pull them out? We keep them there until WE are sure that OUR job is done. And right now, it isn't.

7. Who, or what country, do you think is most responsible for 9/11? bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and fundamentalist Islamic extremists.

8. Do you think we will find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Doubtful. But I think we WILL find IRAQI weapons of mass destruction in places such as Syria.

9. Yes or no, should the U.S. legalize marijuana? Yes. Continuing to outlaw marijuana is more than hypocritical given the fact that we allow drugs that are FAR more addictive and cause FAR more destruction within our society - nicotine and alcohol - to remain legal. Legalize it, release all prisoners convicted of possession (as long as there was no violent crime of any kind associated with the charge), and make room for the criminals that TRULY belong in jail.

10. Do you think Bill Clinton should have been impeached because of what he did with Monica Lewinski? No - having an affair is not a crime. Lying under OATH is. THAT is what he should have been found guilty of.

11. Do you think Hillary Clinton would make a good president? John Kerry ran for President because he thought it would look good on his resume. Hitlary wants to effect total social reorganization. She scares the HELL out of me and very few people scare me.

12. Name a current democrat who would make a great president: Lieberman is the first to come to mind. Zell Miller would be second but he's no longer "active" in politics and he's more Republican than some Republicans I know...

13. Name a current Republican who would make a great president: Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice

14. Do you think that women should have the right to have an abortion? I do not think it is government's role to tell a person what they can and cannot do with (or to) their bodies. With that being said, *I* personally could never have an abortion but it is not MY place to tell someone else what to do with their body. That is between them and God. Additionally, I do not want my tax dollars going to pay for abortions for others.

15. What religion are you? Christian. I am not a fan of "organized religion". It seems to have become more of a business and has lost sight of the true spiritual nature of religion and religious belief.

16. Have you read the Bible all the way through? No - just selected parts. Not yet.

17. What’s your favorite book? There isn't enough room on this server to list them all.

18. Who is your favorite band? U2

19. What website did you see this on first? Bunker Mulligan

2 comments:

barks said...

you are SO much my daughter that it scares me sometimes!!!!

love you!!!

Bunker said...

And I'm pleased to be a part of your introduction to the blogosphere!