4.12.2005

It's official

The Department of Defense finally released the names of those on board the Chinook that went down in Afghanistan last week. Even though I knew our friend had been killed, there is a finality when you see it in print. Still no word on memorial service plans but his wife is asking for photos and stories about her husband. She wants to put together a scrapbook about him for their kids - so they won't forget him.


On a happier note, we finally got a HOUSE! The lease is signed, the deposit is paid, the delivery of household goods is scheduled. We don't move in until after May 1 but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we're counting down! Woohoo!

I may not be posting much this week - I have several assignments due for school as well as 1 take-home test to complete and 1 exam to study for. Have a good week.

Instead of reading MY blog, check out the links to your left and see what they have to say this week.

3 comments:

Jay said...

I am sitting here with tears running down my face, reading your blog. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, for the terror I so completely understand and even more, for his family. For all of the families who are so suddenly left behind.

My heart goes out to all of you.

Heather said...

I wanted to say congrats on the house. Having a light at the end of the tunnel is always a good thing, being surrounded by your things is also quite nice... we have a running joke that "Home is Where Our Stuff Is"...

Haole Girl said...

For some reason seeing it in print is always so hard to take. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck with your assignments and exams!