4.30.2005

We're going to Maui

Woohoo! Laundry is going, the suitcase is being packed (we're travelling REALLY light on this one), the reservations are made, the sunscreen is packed (I don't get a tan...I get a "pink"...).

Four days in Maui...I'm beginning to feel like my life resembles a George Carlin skit - the one where he talks about all the s**t that we (as people) have. You have all of your s**t at your house and then you decide to take a vacation so you pack SOME of s**t in suitcases and fly to your destination.

You get to your hotel and unpack your s**t. Then you get an invite to spend the night at a friend's house at the destination so you pack SOME of the s**t that you brought on vacation into a SMALLER bag...and so on.

That is our life right now. But it's a good life.


I'll be somewhat non-existent for the next week or so. Four days on Maui, then moving in to our house and taking delivery of our HHGs (household goods...our s**t for those of you not familiar with the military's fetish for acronyms), and entertaining McGyver's parents will (hopefully) keep me away from the 'puter for a while.

I do hope to be able to post some wonderful pictures from our Maui trip - namely sunrise at Halekala.

Have a good weekend and a wonderful week!

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...