5.19.2005

MEME

Someone sent this to me and for the life of me, I cannot figure out who it was. Sorry. But I thought the questions were interesting.

- hfs


1. Go back in time; it's before 9/11 and Hubby wants to join the Navy. You know what will happen on 9/11; Hubby doesn't. Do you discourage him to sign up?

Yes but not because of 9/11 or what has happened since. I would discourage him from joining THE NAVY. I dated a former Navy guy for a bit and saw what his sister-in-law went through with WestPacs and such...no flipping way. Now, before the Navy people jump all over me on this one, let me say that I repsect the Navy and those whoe serve in it. I just don't see it as a life for me.

That being said, I would never stand in the way of my husband's goals and dreams. If he truly wanted to serve his country, I would never discourage him.



2. What is your ideal meal?

Shoot, these days I'd be happy with a meal that was still warm by the time I was able to sit down to eat it.

One that *I* do not have to cook, clean up, or pay for.



3. You have $1 million dollars to spend on anything you want...online. Where do you shop and what do you buy?

Oh man...this could be the toughest question of all...


Where do I shop?? Restoration Hardware, Crate and Barrel, Target, eBay, any clothing site I choose...you name it.

What do I BUY? There isn't enough room here to list it all. I know I'd buy a car (or two...) and maybe some property in Northern Colorado for when we retire. Maybe that would wipe out the $1 million right there...works for me!



4. Two parts: What do you DISAGREE with the most within your own political party? What do you AGREE with the most within the opposing political party?

Well, right now I'm registered Republican though I consider myself more of a Libertarian. I think the 2 points I disagree with most within the Republican party is the essential ban on stem cell research and the pro-life stance of the party.

With regard to stem cell research, we have thousands of embryos (for use in IVF) that will be destroyed unless another use for them is found. Before we take even THAT route, the possibility of uses for ADULT stem cells is there as well yet we cannot pursue it due to the ban on additional funding for stem cell research. I think we are missing a HUGE opportunity to make real progress in the fight against Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, and many other afflictions.

When it comes to a woman's right to choose...I don't think the government should be involved. Period. Personally speaking, I could not have an abortion. At least, I cannot imagine ever having to make that choice. But it is NOT my place (or the government's place) to tell a woman what she can and cannot do to HER body. That is between the woman and God. It is not my place to judge. I worry that, if we (the United States) allow the government to control THAT aspect of our lives, it will then take over the REST of our lives.

As for what I agree with most within the Democratic party...pretty much the antithesis of what I disagreed with above. I don't agree with much that the Democratic party has to say these days.



5. Name one book you've always wanted to read but never have. Why haven't you read it?

Oh, goodness. I have a LIST of books I WANT to read and I don't think Blogger has enough server space to list them all. The two that jump to mind right off the bat are Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Then there is The Art of War, War and Peace, The Bible (all the way through)...and on and on and on.

As for WHY? I can't read a magazine article all the way through in 1 sitting right now. What makes you think I have time to read a novel???

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...