6.22.2005

A day late and a dollar short

It finally dawned on DICK Durbin that his "parallel" between our soldiers down at Gitmo and the Nazis/Pol Pot/Russian gulags was wrong.



Oh, wait. No...it didn't occur to him that it was wrong. He realized that he offended people with his statements. Totally different.


"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line," the Illinois Democrat said. "To them I extend my heartfelt apologies."


If you DIDN'T believe his remarks crossed the line, then he's not sorry.


So, what this "apology" boils down to is the fact that the Senator realized that he said something that - while believed wholeheartedly by himself and the Democratic party (since very few Dems have come out to condem what he said) - negatively affected his image and therefore his possibility for reelection.


Oh, and the tears? Yeah, my 3 year old does the same thing - they're called "Crocodile Tears" and it seems that the Senator is just as good at them as Princess Trouble.


You REALLY want to see the Senator cry?? Kick his @$$ out of Congress.




Oh, and Seantor...as a military spouse and one of the people you DID offend, your apology was BS and I don't accept it.




Pau.




- hfs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Browsing, read your Durbin. I'm furious at this fool. How does a guy contact this moron & flame his ears? His phone lines are melted. But more importantly where does his thinking, the thinking of the left, come from? What's it rooted in? How do you get through to people like that? What does Clincton, Kerry, the left really want? I ask myself this all the time.

Anonymous said...

I'm at lost trying to understand what the Clintons, Kerrys, Durbins, Jacksons, Boxers want. What is their thinking rooted in? What would they do instead? Why don't the Republicans fight?

Homefront Six said...

I have no idea where the left gets it's line of thinking. As far as I can tell, I am not too far from center (as far as society in this country goes) and yet they are so far away from ANYTHING that I think or believe in.

Then again, there are things about the right that scare the hell out of me too. Then again, I'm more of a Libertarian anyway. The less government, the better.

Homefront Six said...

As for why the right doesn't fight? Why should they? Why should they waste the energy? The left does a great job of making themselves look like asses - why waste the time doing the same thing? And why lower themselves to the level of the left?