6.21.2005

How to be my friend

1. Call me for a reason OTHER than to ask me to watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids.

2. When calling me to ask me to watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids, do so MORE than 24 hours ahead of time.

3. Do NOT call me to ask me to watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids 3 times in two weeks.

4. When I do agree to watch one of your children, don't tell me "this won't take long" and then not come back for SIX hours. I understand it was a doctor's appointment and you ahd 2 kids that needed to be seen but it would have been nice to KNOW that ahead of time.

5. When I tell you I can't watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids because I HAVE PLANS (and you're calling with less than 24 hours' notice) DON'T sound like I am denying you food and water.



I have a LIFE! Just because I am a stay-at-home-mom does NOT mean I sit on my ass all day long, eating bon-bons and watching Young and the Restless! I am not a babysitter or a day care center!!!


/rant




I feel better now but I suspect I have lost a friend. That's too bad.




Pau.




- hfs

9 comments:

graycat74 said...

Hee hee. Anyways I know you can't mean me, since I don't have kids and have never asked you to watch my cats...

Homefront Six said...

Nope - not you. I'd watch your cats OR your kids in a heartbeat any time you needed me to because I know you wouldn't try to take advantage of me.

Haole Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Haole Girl said...

Damn! There go my weekend plans!!

Homefront Six said...

Oh, your older 2 don't need watching and the Wildcard I'd just put in a room with Princess Trouble and let them talk each other's ears off. And Sir Destructo and Little Man could, um, "play" together...


They'd be easy!

Rebecca said...

Found you from your support for my brother in law, Capt. Z. You are too funny. I am also a stay at home mom and it's good to know I'm not the only one NOT eating bon bons. What the hell do they think day care workers do all day and day care workers don't have the housework and laundry too! Give me a break! Thanks for listening. Good to know I'm not alone in the world of stay at home motherhood.

Homefront Six said...

Welcome Rebecca!


- hfs

Gail said...

So what your saying is...if come to the island I can't just show up at your day, drop the girls off and disappear for hours on end??? Is that what your saying???

Bitch! LMAO!!!

Gail said...

Damn hit post too soon.

I wanted to say ....doesn't sound like you lost a great friend.