1. Call me for a reason OTHER than to ask me to watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids.
2. When calling me to ask me to watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids, do so MORE than 24 hours ahead of time.
3. Do NOT call me to ask me to watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids 3 times in two weeks.
4. When I do agree to watch one of your children, don't tell me "this won't take long" and then not come back for SIX hours. I understand it was a doctor's appointment and you ahd 2 kids that needed to be seen but it would have been nice to KNOW that ahead of time.
5. When I tell you I can't watch one (or two, or three, or four) of your kids because I HAVE PLANS (and you're calling with less than 24 hours' notice) DON'T sound like I am denying you food and water.
I have a LIFE! Just because I am a stay-at-home-mom does NOT mean I sit on my ass all day long, eating bon-bons and watching Young and the Restless! I am not a babysitter or a day care center!!!
I feel better now but I suspect I have lost a friend. That's too bad.
I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...
LETTER ON WHETHER TO BECOME AN AIR FORCE PILOT...... OR A NAVAL AVIATOR...... The piece is written by Bob Norris, a former Naval aviator wh...
No one gets away with more than me. I am a Warrant Officer - a corrupter of soldiers. As a Warrant Officer, I realize that I am a member of ...
When I last lived in Southern California, about 7 years ago, I had the opportunity to go on a tour of The Gamble House in Pasadena. My fath...