6.24.2005

More on Lawerence v Kelo

The Unalienable Right had bit on the Lawerence v Kelo decision by the Supreme Court and there was one bit in there that I wanted to add my $0.02 to (because you all know I cannot keep my mouth shut for long).



Now just a thought to tie this decision to the general trends in Supreme Court jurisprudence - It’s ironic that the same court that bent over backwards (no pun intended) to find a right to buggery in the Constitution, couldn’t find a presumptive right to one’s own property in the Constitution.

So we have a right to do what we want in our own bedrooms, but we don’t have a right to own our bedrooms. The Lawrence and Kelo decisions seem to be at opposite ends of the “federalism” spectrum, which is odd given that property rights are an explicit part of the fifth amendment, and “sexual behavior” rights aren’t mentioned anywhere in the Constitution. It seems usually the courts are just making it up as they go along.



I don't think they are just making it up, I think they are pulling it out of their @$$es. Like I read elsewhere, while everyone had their panties in a wad over the Patriot Act, the Supreme Court yanked their houses out from under them. So your library records are safe but you're homeless. Gee, thanks.

Posted in Open Post at Mudville Gazette




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: