6.18.2005

My blood pressure is up

This week has been busy. Busybusybusy. But that's ok - it keeps me out of trouble. And it prevents me from posting about things when the bulk of my words are not really fit to print.

There have been several things that have happend this week that have just about sent me over the edge. What IS it with politicians? Is there a competition that puts the DUMBEST one up there in the political arena?? I am still so flabbergasted and appalled at some of the things that have transpired this week that I can barely articulate my feelings. But, since I know all three of you are DYING to know my thoughts on these things, I'll make an attempt.


First : Disgraceful Dick Durbin

Excuse me? Since when does altering the temperature of a room or turning on music that a person may not like constitute torture? Let alone torture along the lines of the Nazis or Pol Pot??? If that's the case, then 1/2 of my college career was torture - my dorm room was never the right temperature and my neighbors were constantly blasting music I didn't want to hear.


Senator Durbin...sit down and SHUT UP.


And, in case you wish to tell the Senator as much, his contact information is as follows :

Washington, DC
332 Dirksen Senate Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-2152
(202) 228-0400 - fax

Chicago
230 South Dearborn St.
Suite 3892
Chicago, IL 60604
(312) 353-4952
(312) 353-0150 - fax

Springfield
525 South 8th St.
Springfield, IL 62703
(217 ) 492-4062
(217) 492-4382 - fax

Marion
701 N. Court St.
Marion, IL 62959
(618) 998-8812
(618) 997-0176 - fax


I'm sure they will be thrilled to hear from you. They sure were thrilled to talk to ME!



Second : The Funeral of Cpl. Carrie French


I have nothing to say about Fred Phelps and his kind other than I hope they meet their maker soon.




And third : Iowa Gov. to Restore Felons' Voting Rights

hat tip : Andi's World


Ralph Rosenberg of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission emphasized the order wouldn't erase felons' records. "We're not dismissing the crime," he said.



No, you're just dismissing the CONSEQUENCES. Dumbass (sorry - it slipped).







There was more that got my blood pressure boiling but these are the top three for the week. I've literally stopped watching the news because I may just have an aneurysm one of these days and I'm a bit young for that.


I'm off to blow off some steam. Have a good weekend. And, if you get a chance, click over to Blackfive and check him out - it's his 2nd anniversary (Happy Anniversary!).




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: