6.23.2005

Things that make you go...WTF????

Seems today is a day of acronyms. Actually, being a military wife, my LIFE is one of acronyms. But I digress...


Today, our acronym is WTF??? And "WTF" stand for "What the..." I'll let you fill in the last word. Here is what is causing my head to hurt today...


Supreme Court Rules Cities May Sieze Homes

WASHINGTON - Cities may bulldoze people's homes to make way for shopping malls or other private development, a divided Supreme Court ruled Thursday, giving local governments broad power to seize private property to generate tax revenue.

...

"Promoting economic development is a traditional and long accepted function of government," Stevens wrote, adding that local officials are better positioned than federal judges to decide what's best for a community.



I realize that this really is nothing new - that eminent domain has been around for a long time. But to have the Supreme Court rule that a municipal government can basically come in and evict you our of your own home in order to put in a Starbucks because the tax revenue from Starbucks is higher scares the CRAP out of me.

What this does is put property owners at the mercy of their local governments - either vote in favor of an increase in property taxes or they'll boot you out of your own home and put in a strip mall!

Scary.


WTF??? I think the Supreme Court has lost its collective mind.

ETA = If you are curious (like me) and want an in-depth analysis of the decision AND its implications (including implications for properties protected under the Religious and Institutionalized Persons Land Use Act GO HERE

Hat Tip : Michelle Malkin.


Dems Say Rove Should Apologize or Resign

WASHINGTON - Democrats said Thursday that White House adviser Karl Rove should either apologize or resign for accusing liberals of wanting "therapy and understanding" for the Sept. 11 attackers, escalating partisan rancor that threatens to consume Washington.

...

Schumer said Rove's comments might have been made in the heat of the moment and he was willing to accept an apology. But "if they try to stonewall," he said, "then I think resignation would be called for."



You have to be KIDDING ME!!! The Democrats got their panties in a wad over being called SOFT? I need Excedrin and I need it NOW.

Sure - Rove can apologize...I think it will look something like this :

"To those whom my comments offended...kiss off. When you find your spine and your testicles, let me know. Until then, sit down and shut up."


I should be a Washington speechwriter!



WTF??? Stop the world - I want off!!!




Pau.




- hfs

3 comments:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

you rock... I just finished posting and came on your site... we must be having the same kind of day..

Gail said...

This is the quote of the week for me!

"To those whom my comments offended...kiss off. When you find your spine and your testicles, let me know. Until then, sit down and shut up."

I LOVE IT!!

Homefront Six said...

thanks! like I said, I should be a speechwriter!