7.29.2005

Back in the saddle again

One of the things I truly enjoy doing with my "free time" (read : any moment I have to spare between attending to the children's needs, tending to my own basic needs, and sleeping) is scrapbooking.

I have managed to complete Princess Trouble's baby album through her first birthday, our wedding album, and McGyver's Army album through Warrant Officer Candidate School. So basically I'm about...oh, 8 years behind. The last page I scrapped prior to yesterday was a 2 page layout from Christmas of 2003. I have NOTHING of Little Man scrapped.

I had some friends over for a get-together to work on our scrapbooks. We got a little bit done (with 6 kids in the house, it's amazing that we got ANYTHING done!) and I did some more work last night and this afternoon.

I am not that experienced nor do I consider myself to be that good. I have yet to have any original ideas - I usually "scraplift" them from magazines, other people's layouts, etc. And my style is nothing remarkable - it's simple and that's the way I like it. But I like the pages I create and that's the important part.


Here are the pages I managed to get done yesterday and today :


This is the Disney layout. I used a map from Disneyworld as mattes for some of the pictures as well as a "ribbon" to tie together the smaller photos at the bottom. I also had found blank library envelopes and used one to hold ticket stubs, parking passes, and to do my journaling on.




This is the left side of the layout. The highlight of Princess Trouble's visit to Disneyland was meeting the Princesses...especially Cinderella. So I chose to highlight the picture with a different matte than the others.




The right side. Again, the highlight being the Princesses so, here, I chose to highlight Princess Trouble with Sleeping Beauty.




This is the layout I did today. These 2 pictures were taken at The Fish Bowl and I love the lighting and just the overall look of Princess Trouble. I sat down and "interviewed" her about her favorite things. I plan to do this each year to chronicle the changes over her life.




So I'm back in the saddle again, so to speak. Feels good.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: