7.01.2005

Quote of the day/week/month...

The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the law of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.


- John Adams



The Supreme Court ruling regarding eminent domain is still really, REALLY bothering me. Can you tell?

I heard this quote as I was driving in to town yesterday for my tour and it really struck a chord. I am blown away by the fact (and it is a fact) that the high court has moved SO far away from what the Founding Fathers envisioned this Republic to be. I wonder if Adams, Jefferson, and the like are rolling over in their graves.


I sure would be.


I think the first properties that should be condemed by a municipality should be the homes of the 5 justices who voted for this decision (John Paul Stevens, David Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Anthony Kennedy, and Stephen G. Breyer) and a strip mall should be placed on each and every property - malls that include Starbucks. And an adult bookstore.


And as I type this, I have come across this article : Souter home in imminent threat from Eminent Domain




I. LOVE. IRONY.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: