7.23.2005

Who am I?

There are many different little political quizzes floating around on the Internet. I messed around with a few and here are the results (some may make you laugh, especially if you know me) :

OkCupid! quiz
You are a
Social Liberal
(78% permissive)(PROBABLY HAS A LOT TO DO WITH MY BELIEF THAT MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGALIZED, THAT THE "WAR ON DRUGS" IS WORTHLESS, AND THAT MY GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO IN THE PRIVACY OF MY OWN HOME/BEDROOM)

and an...

Economic Moderate
(50% permissive)(I CAN GO WITH THAT...I TEND TO BE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD ON ECONOMICS...MAINLY BECAUSE I FEEL I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THE SUBJECT AT HAND)

You are best described as a:
Democrat (NO SH!T? REALLY?? WHO WOULDA THUNK? I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC HERE EITHER...)

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness.




The Advocates quiz
ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,

The political description that
fits you best is...

LIBERTARIAN (DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!)

LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government (AMEN!); one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility (BOY, WOULDN'T THAT BE WONDERFUL...), oppose government bureaucracy and taxes (CAN I GET ANOTHER AMEN?!), promote private charity (AS OPPOSED TO GOVERNMENT CHARITY), tolerate diverse lifestyles (I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT YOU'RE INTO AS LONG AS IT IS CONSENTUAL, DOESN'T INVOLVE HARMING CHILDREN, AND I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH), support the free market, and defend civil liberties.




Typology Test
Enterpriser

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Enterpriser typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.

Enterprisers represent 9 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description
As in previous studies conducted in 1987, 1994 and 1999, this extremely partisan Republican group’s politics are driven by a belief in the free enterprise system and social values that reflect a conservative agenda. Enterprisers are also the strongest backers of an assertive foreign policy, which includes nearly unanimous support for the war in Iraq and strong support for such anti-terrorism efforts as the Patriot Act. (YUP. THOUGH I MUST SAY I DO NOT BLINDLY SUPPORT THE GOP OR ITS POLICIES. THERE ARE A LOT OF SMALLER ISSUES THAT I THINK THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION - AND REPUBLICANS IN GENERAL - HAVE SCREWED UP)

Defining Values
Assertive on foreign policy and patriotic; anti-regulation and pro-business; very little support for government help to the poor; strong belief that individuals are responsible for their own well being. Conservative on social issues such as gay marriage (UM, PERSONALLY, I DON'T REALLY HAVE A STANCE ON GAY MARRIAGE - ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. GAY MARRIAGE DOESN'T AFFECT ME AS I AM NOT GAY AND I HAVE YET TO SEE WHY IT BOTHERS OTHER PEOPLE SO MUCH. LIVE AND LET LIVE), but not much more religious than the nation as a whole. Very satisfied with personal financial situation. (I DON'T KNOW THAT I WOULD SAY *VERY* BUT WE'RE OK FOR NOW)

Who They Are
Predominantly white (91%)(YEAH), male (76%)(UM, NO) and financially well-off (62% have household incomes of at least $50,000, compared with 40% nationwide)(I WISH! C'MON...WE'RE MILITARY! NOT EVEN CLOSE.). Nearly half (46%) have a college degree, and 77% are married. (YEPPERS TO BOTH) Nearly a quarter (23%) are themselves military veterans. Only 10% are under age 30. (I USED TO BE...)

Lifestyle Notes
59% report having a gun in their homes; (HECK YEAH) 53% trade stocks and bonds in the stock market, (DOES A ROTH IRA COUNT?) and 30% are small business owners – all of which are the highest percentages among typology groups. 48% attend church weekly; 36% attend bible study or prayer group meetings.

2004 Election
Bush 92%, Kerry 1%. Bush’s most reliable supporters (just 4% of Enterprisers did not vote)

Party ID
81% Republican, 18% Independent/No Preference, 1% Democrat (98% Rep/LeanRep)
(WHERE IS THE "LIBERTARIAN" OPTION?????)

Media Use
Enterprisers follow news about government and politics more closely than any other group, and exhibit the most knowledge about world affairs. The Fox News Channel is their primary source of news (46% cite it as a main source) followed by newspapers (42%) radio (31%) and the internet (26%). (I WOULD SAY, FOR ME, IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE...INTERNET FIRST, THEN RADIO, THEN TV (DOES "THE DAILY SHOW" COUNT AS NEWS?), AND THEN NEWSPAPERS (I REFUSE TO PAY FOR MY NEWS)



So, there I am in a nutshell. Well, not really. Seems I am all over the place, politically. Which is pretty much me - I don't vote the party line. I vote the issues. Were you to try to actually pigeon-hole me, I'd fall into the Libertarian category which is right where I want to be.


Not that anyone really cares but it was interesting to me.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: