8.11.2005

I don't get it

How can you go from THIS :

"'I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.'

"The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.


to THIS :

"I want him to quit using my son's death to justify more killing," she said. "The only way he can honor my son's death is to bring the troops home."




What a disgrace to her son's memory and to the memories of all of those who died fighting for this country, her right to speak her mind, and the safety under which to do so. There are SO MANY things about this situation that bother me but the one that is headlining the riot in my brain is that her actions affect the morale (in a negative way) of our troops. I have received e-mails from friends who are deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq, asking if the reports they see in the MSM (Ms. Sheehan's protest, for example) represent the feelings of the public back home. How disheartening for them to be over there, in danger, separated from all that they know and love, and hear that their own countrymen (and women) want us to tuck tail and run?


Sickening.



Pau.




- hfs

No comments: