9.15.2005

AAR

For those of you not familiar with military jargon and acronyms, "AAR" stands for after action review. A recap/review, if you will. I won't be following Army standards on this AAR (I have better things to do with my time...) but I'll give you the run-down on the final tally.

First, a bit of clarification. I went through the comments and I tallied up the comments that did not specify a preference : 20 comments I then divided that in half and gave 10 to each charity.


Then, tallied up the ones that specified which charity the commenter wanted their $1 to go toward.

Soldiers' Angels Katrina Relief Fund : 12 comments (+10 = 22)

Armed Forces Retirement Home : 16 comments (+10 = 26)



The total came to 48 comments in all.




Now, that was below what I had budgeted so here is what I am going to do...I will round up to a higher number (not going to specify...you all can venture a guess if you are so inclined) and EACH charity will receive a donation for that amount. It's the least I can do. I can't get on a plane and fly out there to help. I can't give comfort to any of the victims right now. I can't help in any way other than to write a check and let these two wonderful agencies do the rest. I hope you will feel inclined to do so as well.




In case anyone is interested, here is the information for each charity with regard to donations :

SOLDIERS' ANGELS : For monetary donations, please mail a check or money order made out to Soldiers' Angels to:

Soldiers' Angels Foundation
Operation Katrina Relief
1792 East Washington Blvd.
Pasadena, California 91104



ARMED FORCES RETIREMENT HOME :
Monetary donation should be made payable to AFRH NAF (Hurricane Relief) AFRH, 3700 N. Capitol Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011




I would like to take the time to thank everyone who commented and everyone who stopped by to read about both organizations. I truly appreciate it and I am sure they will too.


Stay tuned - you'll be hearing more about Soldiers' Angels in the near future.




Again, thank you.




Pau.




- hfs

1 comment:

Antonio Hicks said...

i was just browsing through the blog world searching for the keyword posters and it brought me to your site. You have a great site however it is not exactly what i was looking for. Good luck on your site. sincerely, antonio.

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...