9.26.2005

Another knot in the stomach

Woke up yesterday to McGyver telling me that another Chinook had gone down. My first thoughts were of BIL. But no news is good news and the reports that we were hearing indicated that it was only crew aboard. Thank goodness.

Then my thougths shifted to who we knew over there. The list is not very long but enough to cause a knot in the stomach. One that has yet to go away.

Thankfully, several bloggers have reported that it was NOT a Big Windy bird. It has only been 5 months since Chuck died - I hoped and prayed that they were not having to go through it all again. Again, thankfully, I have heard from Chuck, Teresa, CaliValleyGirl, and Hookersgirl that all is ok with their loved ones.

We are waiting (not so patiently) to hear what unit it was and who was on board. In the meantime, my prayers go out to all of the families who are dealing with the news that none of us ever wants to hear.



UPDATE : I just got the DOD notification in my InBox. I didn't recognize any names but I believe it is the same unit a friend of ours from Alaska is in now. I'm relieved but sad just the same.





Pau.




- hfs

No comments: