10.21.2005

I am in HEAVEN

Well, close to it. Specifically, about 5,280 feet closer to it. Colorado is WONDERFUL!!! I am still trying to remember WHY we left. Oh, yeah, the ARMY. Grr.


Anyone know what the status of the Chinook unit down at Carson is? Are they Guard? Reserve??? I'm not sure. I would LOVELOVELOVE for dh to wind up here but since the DoD has yet to listen to my demands and open up an active duty Chinook unit here, he may have to look for other ways to get here.

The leaves are AMAZING right now - lots of yellows, oranges, reds, and a few greens hanging on for dear life. Pretty much looks like the picture in my last post. I spent the afternoon up in Fort Collins, cruising around town and reliving some wonderful memories. Man, I miss that place. The weather is wonderful - low 60's, breezy, a little rain. PERFECT! I do wish it would snow a bit but I'm not too hopeful.

The conference is off to a good start. I've already met some wonderful people and it's only the first day (and we didn't start until 6pm). Mrs. Wesley Clark (yep, THE Wesley Clark) will be our guest speaker tomorrow. I am curious to hear what she has to say. Didn't care much for her husband as a Presidential candidate but that doesn't mean I automatically dislike her. So it will be interesting to hear what she speaks about tomorrow.

I am going to bed now. I got a whopping 3 hours of sleep on the plane last night so it's time to hit the sack. I'm heading out early tomorrow for BAGELS! mmm...bagels...




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...