10.05.2005

I have to agree...begrudgingly

Neal Boortz is one of my daily reads. A friend of mine turned me on to him a few years back and I find myself nodding my head in agreement when I read or listen to what he has to say more often than not.

Today was no exception :

I'm sorry, but the Republicans richly deserve to lose control over the House and the Senate in 2006. There is no excuse whatsoever for their profligate spending, and no excuse for Tom Delay's absurd claim that there is no fat in the federal budget. Every American should be disgusted at this spending spectacle.



Now, I'm no fan of the Democrats but I've about had it with the GOP of late. This issue with the funding for the recovery from Hurricane Katrina (and Rita...and whatever hurricane decides to pick on Florida next) and Congress' UNwillingness to find a way to fund it without having to charge it on the national credit card has about frustrated me to tears. I'm tired of it.

I'm tired of Congress running around like Paris Hilton with daddy's American Express, charging shit left and right that my KIDS and my GRANDKIDS will be paying for for the rest of THEIR lives. It is not RESPONSIBLE. It is not SMART. And it is not FAIR. There is NO REASON why we cannot be fiscally responsible AND take care of our own at the same time. Hell, my family does it on a military salary each and every damn day. There is NO REASON why those 535 morons up on the Hill can't do the same.

I think there is going to be a MAJOR shakeup in the next round of elections. I know my anger and frustration is being felt by many registered voters around the country. I think those who are up for reelection are in for a RUDE awakening. Maybe those who aren't running for reelection in the next round will GET. A. CLUE.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...