10.19.2005

Update on R. - October 18, 2005

The final biopsy is in and (from what I can tell based on information I have been given), R. has Stage III testicular cancer - the nonseminoma variety. I am not sure if the lymph system is involved.

For a wonderful overview of testicular cancer and what the treatment entails, please check out the following link :
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/20872-1.asp

The long term cure rate for this type of cancer exceeds 80% so the prognosis is good. This appears to have been caught early and the doctors are dealing with this aggressively. He was in the right place at the right time...

I am not sure exactly when his first round of chemo will begin or what it will entail but I will do my best to keep you posted. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. They mean the world.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...