11.04.2005

Your hands

I want you all to do me a favor this weekend. I want you to think about your hands. I would love for all of you to make a list of all of the things you do with your hands this weekend (keep in mind my mother-in-law reads this blog so let's keep it to a PG-13 rating...).

I dare you.

Post your list in the comments section.




Then, think about all of the things in that list that you could not do without your hands. Or your arms. Or your upper body.


You couldn't scratch an itch.


You couldn't button your fly.


You couldn't wipe your own rear end.


You couldn't wipe the tears away from your child's face or your loved one's cheek.


You couldn't dial the phone, type a letter, send an e-mail.




How would you stay connected to the outside world?


Think about THAT for the weekend...



Project Valour-IT - voice activated software and laptop computers for our wounded soldiers. It's the least we can do.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.




I have. Will you?




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...