12.18.2005

Michael Yon

This week, I want to shine the spotlight on someone that most of you know well but some of you may not have had the opportunity to know...yet.

Michael Yon was one of the first blogs that ever read back when I first became aware of blogging, and MilBlogging in general. I was hooked on the very first entry I read: Please Don't Shoot Us. His writing takes you there and you feel as though you are experiencing everything he writes about firsthand. I've heard from several spouses within the Deuce Four that his dispatches were the lifeline that helped them through their loved ones' deployment. I don't doubt it.

For those of you who do not know of Michael Yon, you might recognize a photo he took back in May 2005. You can view it HERE and HERE. The second link will take you to TIME Magazine's Top 10 Viewers' Picks - Michael's photo is amongst the Top 10. He is the only ametuer photographer in the bunch. Does not surprise me in the least. That photo is simply amazing. You can read more about the story behind the photo HERE.


I read a LOT of blogs. Very few bloggers touch me in a way that Michael Yon touches me. I look forward to his dispatches in a way that a child would look forward to Christmas. Lucky for me (and all of Michael's readers) his dispatches come more frequently than Christmas.


So please, if you haven't already, go and read. He's simply incredible. And, if you are so inclined, drop a few bucks in the Support The Next Dispatch tip jar. So far, his readers (if I'm not mistaken) have helped him buy not only camera equipment but body armor as well.


Micheal Yon


UPDATE:There is a NEW POST up and again, it's incredible. Make sure you turn up the volume.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...