1.04.2006

Site meters are cool!

One of the things that you can add to your blog is a site meter. The basic ones like BraveNet offers track things like the number of page views, where viewers are coming from (i.e. referrers), when viewers visited the site, etc. It will even tell you what O/S a person is using on their computer (kudos to those of you running Linux!). Originally, that is what I had on my blog.


Then SGT HOOK did a post titled From Where Do You Hail? and I realized that there was more than one site meter to be had. So I snatched myself one. Since I added it to my blog in October, I have received visits from the following countries:

Great Britain
Austrailia
France (seems there might be one or two intelligent life forms over there)
Germany
Italy
Poland
Japan
UAE (United Arab Emerates)
Canada
Puerto Rico
Austria
Jordan
Saudi Arabia
Quatar


AND, someone over at the State Department seems to enjoy helicopter humor. I'll have to see if I can dig up some more for you!

All of this is in addition to the visits I receive from just about every state in this wonderful Union! It really is fascinating to me. I can also look to see what search criteria people are using to get to my site but that's for another post. Right now, I'm sick, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...