2.27.2006

Can I cry now?

MacGyver calls me today. He has good news and bad news. The good news is two-fold but doesn't really outweigh the bad news.

The first bit of good news is that he is not going to NTC (actually I'm still not sure that is good news - he was kind of looking forward to going and it would have been good practice for him, and for us). Nice - a little less separation is always a good thing.

The second bit of good news is that our landlord called and our rent will only go up $100 when we renew our lease in May. Woohoo! That's still well below our housing allowance so that means more money to put toward bills. Cool!


The bad news...


The owner of the house we currently rent and live in is selling their house on the mainland and will be moving back into THIS house in March 2007.


Oh. Crap.


Not only does it suck that we're going to have to move (have I mentioned how much I HATE moving? I HATE moving.) What also sucks is the fact that the owner will be coming home pretty much right in the middle of MacGyver's deployment.


YIPPE SKIPPY.


I LIKE this house. It's just the right size for us. We have a lot of stuff and this house accommodates us perfectly. The backyard is great - walled in and secure. The neighborhood is wonderful - our neightbors are nice, the area is quiet, it's convenient to post, and the school that Princess Trouble will go to is one of the best on the island. And the rent is below our housing allowance. I don't think it could get any better than this.


We went to talk to housing today. We are in the top 10 on the waiting list but the house that they would offer us is significantly smaller than where we are now and has no garage. So we would be giving up our ENTIRE housing allowance, we'd have to rent a storage unit as well and they are NOT cheap around here. BUT, that is the only way to avoid having to pay to move ourselves (again, expensive).


Our landlord says he has something else for rent in the area but we'd have to move ourselves and we'd have to move prior to MacGyver deploying (or, try to coordinate a move with his mid-tour leave...ugh). Not sure where we would come up with the cash for that.


DAMNDAMNDAMN


I really and truly do not want to move. I like this house. My kids like this house. My husband likes this house. It doesn't get any better than this, does it? I am a firm believer that when God closes a door, He opens a window and that is what is keeping me from losing what is left of my mind right now.


We'll see what happens.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: