3.17.2006

Maybe it isn't the teachers; maybe it's you

Maybe it isn't the teachers; maybe it's you

How are teachers supposed to do the job they are being paid to do? A teacher with 25 students in a class who has 45 minutes to teach geography, or arithmetic, or reading and who routinely has to contend with even a small handful of students whose antics eat up five or ten or fifteen minutes of that class time is hard pressed to meet his or her obligations to the students who are not causing problems. Add to that the pressures of “teaching to tests” (as teachers refer to the obligations imposed by “No Child Left Behind” and other well-intentioned legislation), and one can begin to understand the teachers’ plight.





I can't begin to say how much I agree with this article. If I had the inclination to videoptape myself clapping, applauding, and jumping up and down because I was so excited, I would upload it as evidence of how much I agree with this article.

Holding PARENTS accountable for their childrens' problems and letting the teachers TEACH.




WHAT. A. CONCEPT.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: