It's raining yet again so we are cooped up here in the house. To keep from going crazy, I thought I'd post a few funny memes that I received this week. I'm not tagging anyone but feel free to steal the idea - just leave a comment or trackback!
YOUR FIRST TIME
1. Who was your first prom date? Actual PROM? James. I was so excited to go to the PROM that it didn't matter who I went with. Had a good time though.
2. Who was your first roommate? Maura. I wasn't there a whole lot - spent a lot of time commuting back and forth between college and home. That was an awful, awful year.
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? Wine coolers. It doesn't take much to get me drunk - MacGyver calls me a "cheap date".
4. What was your first job? Working for a hot dog joint near my house.
5. What was your first car? 1965 Ford Mustang automatic with a 289 V8 engine. She was my mom's before she was mine. I had a lot of fun in that car (and no, I don't mean it *that* way...get your minds out of the gutter!).
6. When did you go to your first funeral? high school (I think...can't say I remember going to any when I was younger)
7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? 18 - freshman year in college though I think I was home more than I was away. I left for good when I was 21.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Ms. Slausson. Loved her!
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Mississippi when my Grama fell and broke her hip.
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with? Becky and Roland
11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? Michelle H and no. We haven't spoken since 8th grade.
12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents home? the dorm at college
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? MacGyver. He's quite good at making me feel better. If not him, then my mom or W.
14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen? My brother's wedding.
15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Pray for 5 more minutes of sleep.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Bruce Springsteen at the LA Coliseum when I was 14 with my MOM.
17. First tattoo or piercing? ears - when I was very young
18. First celebrity crush? Don Johnson from "Miami Vice"
19. Age of first kiss? 10- Geoff Harvey but it was just a peck on the lips
20. First crush? Greg Lampson in 1st grade
> A Fun Survey!! Place an X by all the things you've done, or remove the x
> from the ones you have not, and send it to all of your friends (including
> This is for your entire life:
> (x) Drank so much you threw up - THERE'S A PIANO BAR IN LONG BEACH THAT I CAN NO LONGER SHOW MY FACE IN.
> ( ) Crashed a friend's car
> ( ) Stolen a car
> (x) Been in love (over & over & over) - WE WON'T GO THERE...SUFFICE IT TO SAY I'M IN LOVE NOW!
> (x) Been dumped - YEP. OUCH.
> (x) Shoplifted - NOT PROUD OF THIS ONE. I WAS YOUNG.
> (x) Been laid off/fired
> (x) Quit your job
> (x) Been in a fist fight - AND WON.
> (x) Snuck out of your parents' house
> (x) Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back
> (x) Been arrested - DOES BEING DETAINED BY THE COPS BUT NOT
> ( ) Gone on a blind date
> (x) Lied to a friend - NOT PROUD OF THIS EITHER
> (x) Skipped school - OFTEN
> ( ) Seen someone die
> (x) Been to Canada - MORE LIKE "THROUGH" CANADA
> ( ) Been to Mexico
> (x) Been on a plane
> (x) Been lost
> (x) Been on the opposite side of the country - OPPOSITE FROM WHERE???
> (x) Gone to Washington, DC - GOING AGAIN IN A FEW WEEKS!
> (x) Swam in the ocean - UM, I CURRENTLY LIVE ON AN ISLAND...
> (x) Felt like dying
> (x) Cried yourself to sleep
> (x) Played cops and robbers - I WAS A DAMN GOOD COP TOO
> ( ) Had sex with a donkey - ?????????
> (x) Recently colored with crayons - UM, I AM THE PARENT OF A 4
YEAR OLD AND A 2 YEAR OLD...
> ( ) Sang karaoke - NOT ON YOUR LIFE
> (x) Paid for a meal with only coins - PENNIES, EVEN
> (x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't - MORE OFTEN THAN I CARE TO ADMIT
> (x) Made prank phone calls
> (x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose - SNORKING COKE HURTS
> (x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue - LIVING IN ALASKA FOR 3 YEARS PRETTY MUCH COVERS THIS.
> (x) Danced in the rain - IT HAS BEEN RAINING HERE, ALMOST NON-STOP, FOR A MONTH
> (x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
> (x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
> (x) Watched the sun rise with someone you care about
> (x) Blown bubbles
> (x) Made a bonfire on the beach - AGAIN, I LIVE IN HAWAII
> (x) Crashed a party
> (x) Gone roller-skating - RECENTLY TOO!
> (x) Ice-skating
> Mother's name: MOM
> How much do you love your job?: THE JOB IS GREAT BUT THE PAY IS LACKING...(unless you count the hugs and kisses!)
> Birthplace: SoCAL
> Favorite vacation spot?: ANYWHERE IN COLORADO
> Ever steal any traffic signs?: YES
> Ever been in a car accident?: YES
> 2 Door or 4 Door?: DEPENDS ON WHICH CAR I'M DRIVING
> Salad dressing?: RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
> Favorite pie??: CREAM CHEESE PIE FROM MARIE CALLENDAR'S
> Favorite Number?: 24
> Favorite movie?: TOO MANY TO LIST
> Holiday?: CHRISTMAS
> Favorite food?: TOO MANY TO LIST BUT IF IT HAS CHOCOLATE IN/ON IT THEN YOU CAN BET I'LL LIKE IT
> Favorite day of the week?: SUNDAYS AND THURSDAYS
> Favorite brand of body soap?: DOVE
> Favorite brand of toothpaste?: CREST
> Favorite smell?: THE KIDS AFTER THEIR BATHS OR DH WHEN HE'S BEEN GONE FOR A BIT
> What do you do to relax?: READ
> How do you see yourself in 10 years?: DON'T KNOW
> Do you enjoy receiving letters/cards from friends and family?: UM, MOST OF THE TIME...
That about does it. I'm sure that's more about me than most of you ever wanted to know. I'm going back to building the ark in the backyard before the rain starts again.
I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...
LETTER ON WHETHER TO BECOME AN AIR FORCE PILOT...... OR A NAVAL AVIATOR...... The piece is written by Bob Norris, a former Naval aviator wh...
No one gets away with more than me. I am a Warrant Officer - a corrupter of soldiers. As a Warrant Officer, I realize that I am a member of ...
When I last lived in Southern California, about 7 years ago, I had the opportunity to go on a tour of The Gamble House in Pasadena. My fath...