5.15.2006

D.C. Photos

It has taken me a while to upload pictures from my trip to D.C. and the Milblogging conference. I did not take many pictures of the people at the conference...for a few reasons.

First, I was too busy gawking. I literally walked around for 48 hours with my mouth hanging open. The fact that I was in the nation's capital in the presence of so many people that I have admired from afar for so long was incredible. I was so busy trying to keep my brain from falling out of my head via my mouth that I pretty much forgot to use the camera.

The second reason was that I wanted to keep part of the conference to myself. This was such an incredible experience and there are very few things in my life that are exclusively MINE. And that is not a complaint. Far from it - I give myself willingly to my family and my friends. But this was something that was mine and mine alone and that selfish part of me wants to keep one little aspect of it to myself.

I arrived in the D.C. area a day early and was able to spend time with my brother's family. My sister-in-law and I drove to Baltimore and went to the The Walters Art Museum and I did take several pictures there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The stained glass windows that they had on display were stunning.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sarcophagus with victories.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The accompanying text.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Corinthian type helmet.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There was an entire room dedicated to armor which I'm sure SOMEONE would have enjoyed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hall of arms and armor text.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Swords.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On my way to D.C. I was fortunate to have a layover in Colorado. Breathing in the crisp mountain air was pure heaven. I miss it so much. I grabbed a bite to eat at one of the local eateries at DIA and laughed when I found this table! Hook'em Rammies!




I am hoping to be able to make it to next year's Milblogging Conference but we'll see. If not, I will have some wonderful memories from this year's.




Pau.




- hfs

1 comment:

lennyfisher1751000086 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.