5.01.2006

Progress in the housing situation and other updates

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with the property manager and it looks like the house is OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's going to call me back tomorrow to let me know what the rent will be (it's incredibly low right now and I honestly don't really care what they jack it up to) and set a move-in date but it looks like we're good to GO! Hallelujah!!!

The people living in the house that we looked at a few weeks ago have finally received orders and have notified their property management company that they will be leaving. They let the property management company know that we are interested in renting the house and I have left a message with the property management company. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon and this will work out as smoothly as I hope. Granted, we may be spending MacGyver's block leave moving 3 blocks down the street but at least he'll be here to help.


We did get some disappointing news last week. A family that lives up the street and has kids the same ages as our kids have just recevied transfer orders (he's a cilivian investment banker) back to the mainland. I haven't broken the news to Princess Trouble yet - she's going to be devastated. Not looking forward to that one at all.

MacGyver's cousin is showing improvement. It's slow and arduous but it's progress.

Stacy's progress continues to be slow but steady. She is nodding "no" now, instead of blinking her eyes once. She's also beginning to mouth words. Today she mouthed the words "yes", "no", "kiss me", and "I love you". She brought tears to my eyes when she asked me to kiss her. I continue to see Stacy's personality coming back more and more each day, and her smile has warmed the heart of many visitors. I think those of you who have not seen Stacy in a week, will be pleasantly surprised at her progress over the past week. God has blessed us with many small steps in the right direction.


It is my understanding that she is off the ventilator completely now which is a HUGE deal, given the fact that the brain stem controls
Breathing
Heart Rate
Swallowing
Reflexes to seeing and hearing (Startle Response).
Controls sweating, blood pressure, digestion, temperature (Autonomic Nervous System). Affects level of alertness. Ability to sleep.
Sense of balance (Vestibular Function).

(from TBI Resource Guide


She still has a LONG way to go but she has been blessed with a strong body and an even stronger family and faith.


Other than that, life is mellow. The kids and I are doing well while MacGyver is at NTC. I'm *almost* enjoying the time alone and have already been able to mark several things off of the "TO DO" list. Today, since the weather is beautiful, the cars will be washed and the yard trimmed up. Eventually I'll need to start boxing some things up but that's going to wait a bit until I get a better idea of a move date (and a signed lease - I'm not tempting fate this time!).


Have a good week!




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: