6.06.2006

Whew.

The house is ours. Signed the lease today. We pick up keys in about 3 weeks and move the week after. Not quite what I had hoped to be doing during block leave before a deployment but at least MacGyver will be here to help with the move and the settling in. Better than doing it alone. Now I need to shop for a refrigerator! My very first major appliance purchase! I've been married for 9 years and (aside from air conditioners) this is the first major appliance I will have ever bought - new or used. Funny.


Anyway...the house is ours which is one less thing to stress about. Thank GOODNESS. Now we just have to move. Luckily, we have good friends on island who will help (thanks to the offer of free beer and pizza!) and I'm hoping it won't be as stressful as the last move.


One of my best friends is in town so posting will be light for the next week and a half or so, though I may need to vent here about stupid crap that MacGyver is having to put up with at work occasionally. We sure do miss 101st. It may have been a lot of pomp and circumstance but man, it was a well-run outfit. There is a lot to be said about that.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...