9.24.2006

Calling BS

Bill Clinton Defends bin Laden Handling


Clinton accused host Chris Wallace of a "conservative hit job" and asked: "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked, 'Why didn't you do anything about the Cole?' I want to know how many people you asked, 'Why did you fire Dick Clarke?'"


...


Clinton said he "worked hard" to try to kill bin Laden.

"We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody's gotten since," he said.

He told Wallace, "And you got that little smirk on your face and you think you're so clever, but I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin Laden. I regret it, but I did try and I did everything I thought I responsibly could."


...


Um, I'm going to have to call bullshit. Clinton's presidency was a joke and a waste. A waste of opportunity on so MANY levels, not the least of which were Clinton's wasted opportunities to PREVENT 9/11, the Cole attack, and many other precursors to 9/11. He wasted the opportunity to accept bin Laden from the Sudanese who served him up to us on a SILVER PLATTER. But Slick Willie was too busy getting lovin' from the interns and lying to Congress to be effectual in any way, shape, or form.

His temper tantrum is pathetic, just like his presidency was. He realizes this now and is making a last-ditch effort to influence how history views his time in office. Unfortunately, it's a matter of too little, too late.


UPDATE: Jake Tapper sets the record straight when it comes to Bill Clinton's perspective on history.
(h/t Instapundit)





Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...