9.20.2006

Marine Highlights of 2006 Tour

Marine Highlights of 2006 Tour



Rarely do I post things from Blackfive (he really doesn't need the traffic!) but this post was, by far, the best thing I've read in a long time. A very good friend of ours is on his way to where those Marines are and it's fascinating to read about all that goes on there.


Just a highlight to pique your interest:

Biggest Ass-Chewing - 10 July immediately following a visit by the Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister, Dr. Zobai. The Deputy Prime Minister brought along an American security contractor (read mercenary), who told my Commanding General that he was there to act as a mediator between us and the Bad Guys. I immediately told him what I thought of him and his asinine ideas in terms that made clear my disgust and which, unfortunately, are unrepeatable here. I thought my boss was going to have a heart attack. Fortunately, the translator couldn’t figure out the best Arabic words to convey my meaning for the Deputy Prime Minister. Later, the boss had no difficulty in convening his meaning to me in English regarding my Irish temper, even though he agreed with me. At least the guy from the State Department thought it was hilarious. We never saw the mercenary again.



Sweet.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: