12.15.2006

I nominate myself...

...for the "Bad Mommy of the Month" award. Last weekend was the unit FRG (family readiness group) Christmas party. Oops, my bad.
HOLIDAY party.

/rolling of eyes


Anyway, I got the flyer but hadn't really planned on going. Our weekends are hectic enough and I already had 2 other engagements scheduled for that day. So I tossed the flyer. A few days later, I got to thinking about it and realized that a.) I hadn't seen a lot of these people in weeks if not months and b.) it was early enough in the day that I could squeeze it in before my other committments. Cool beans. I remember the flyer saying that we all needed to bring a dish. Ok, fine. Not a problem.

I called a friend in the unit and found out where the party was taking place (remember, I threw the flyer away) and we headed down. The party was good. Bounce house for the kids, good company, good food. And SANTA!!!


Oh, crap. Santa.


What does Santa DO??? Yep, Santa hands out presents to "good little girls and boys".


GUESS whose mommy forgot to bring presents for Santa to give to my "good little boy and girl"?


Yep. You guessed it. Me. D'oh!!!


Thankfully, my children were very understanding when I explained to them that Santa was still working on their gift and wasn't able to bring it with him because it was just too special to give to them BEFORE Christmas. And, for the most part, they were content with their goody bag of candy canes and gummy bears. I, on the other hand, felt like a loser.




Fast forward to Wednesday. Princess Trouble's school is hosting a "Gingerbread Event" for the Kindergarten classes. A chance for the parents and the kids to come together at school and make gingerbread cookies. Lots of fun!

There are 6 Kinder classes at Princess Trouble's school and the multi-purpose/lunch room can't accommodate that many kids and adults all at once so they split the event up over 2 days. One half of the classes went on Wednesday and one half went Thursday. I faithfully wrote the event on the Family Calendar as being Wednesday, December 13th. I scheduled day care. I talked to Princess Trouble about the fact that I was going to be a few minutes late because of the distance between day care and school. She was ok with that.


I busted my butt (and the speed limit...slightly) to make it back in time. I get there, only to realize that Princess Trouble's day to participate in the Gingerbread event is THURSDAY. D'oh.


And, of course, I had an engagement that I could not cancel, no matter how much I plead and grovelled. Dammit.


I'm 0 for 2 this month. One more and I'm out. Sheesh.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: