2.04.2007

My letter to Senator Murkowski

(parts of this letter were stolen, shamelessly, from both the The NRSC Pledge website and from Hugh Hewitt)

I am an Alaska resident, the spouse of an active duty soldier currently deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and I am writing to express my concern over the fact that you are considering lending your support to the Levin-Warner resolution. To do so would not only cost you my vote in your next election, it would significantly weaken our military's chances for success in Iraq. As my husband is a member of the United States Army, any support you offer to the Levin-Warner resolution and those who back it is an indication that you no longer support my husband and the job he is doing in Iraq.

Please be advised that if the United States Senate passes a resolution, non-binding or otherwise, that criticizes the commitment of additional troops to Iraq that General Petraeus has asked for and that the president has pledged, and if the Senate does so after the testimony by General Petraeus on January 23 that such a resolution will be an encouragement to the enemy, I will not contribute to any Republican senator who voted for the resolution. Further, if any Republican senator who votes for such a resolution is a candidate for re-election in 2008, I will not contribute to the National Republican Senatorial Committee unless the Chairman of that Committee, Senator Ensign, commits in writing that none of the funds of the NRSC will go to support the re-election of any senator supporting the non-binding resolution.


I will not support defeatist Republicans. I don't care how long your tenure, or how solid your ACU rating on other issues. If you get the war wrong, you are worse than useless on every other issue. A majority of senators that includes the muddled-minded about the war is not a majority worth having. Rather a solid group of 41 senators that insist on victory and will refuse all attempts to retreat is much to be preferred over 51 which include appeasers in powerful chairmanships.



Sincerely,
*** ***********




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: