scoun·drel /ˈskaʊndrəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skoun-druhl]
1. an unprincipled, dishonorable person; villain.
2. mean or base in nature; villainous; unprincipled; dishonorable.
[Origin: 1580–90; orig. uncert.]
—Synonyms 1. scamp, rapscallion, miscreant. See knave.
- Norm Coleman of Minnesota (up for re-relection in 2008)
- Susan Collins of Maine (up for re-relection in 2008)
- Chuck Hagel of Nebraska (up for re-relection in 2008)
- Gordon Smith of Oregon (up for re-relection in 2008)
- Olympia Snowe of Maine
- Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania
- John Warner of Virginia (up for re-relection in 2008)
Never in my life have I ever contributed monetarily to a political campaign. That will now change. I am pledging now that I will send whatever funds I can scrape together to support the Republican challengers (should they be worthy of my support) that run against these scoundrels in the 2008 election. I will blog in support of their opponents and encourage anyone and everyone I know to get out and vote against them when they come up for re-election.
These 7 Senators (and the 17 Representatives) that voted in favor of undermining support for our troops disgust me. They have turned their backs on our military, our mission, and (in essence) my husband. Therefore I am turning my back on them.