3.27.2007

BNA - wireless heaven!!!

Granted, it's only for a few short minutes but it is SOOOOOOO nice to have access to a wireless connection again! I am so freaking spoiled ;~) Paying the fee to access the wireless connection here at the airport is worth every single penny. We are on our way back to the West Coast and then on to the medium sized turd in the middle of the Pacific in just a few days.

Before we had to get to the airport, we were able to have lunch with some of our friends that we left behind at Campbell. Man, that was nice. We miss them terribly and it was wonderful to see them again. Everyone's children have grown (amazing how that happens when you feed them!) but other than that, not much has changed (well, as long as you don't count my friend's amazing weight loss!!! I almost didn't recognize her!). Hopefully not much will change in the next year or so and we will be able to pick back up where we left off.

So we are slowly making our way home and for that, I am grateful. Three weeks is about my limit for being away from home. Same for the kids. I am amazed at how well they have done with this trip. After living for 2 years on an island where the longest amount of time spent in the car was maybe 45 minutes, they have tolerated 800 miles of driving very well. Ditto for sleeping in unfamiliar places. And eating food they are not used to.

Soon, we will be home with our own beds, our own food, our own toys (our own wireless internet connection!). And hopefully I can get back into the groove of blogging.


*********************************************************
For those of you unaware...


...the MilBlogging Conference is taking place in Washington, D.C. in May. I was able to attend last year and the experience was incredibly fulfilling on a personal and (semi-) professional level. I literally spent the 2 days I was there walking around with my mouth hanging open. I was in awe of the fact that I was in the same room as many of the writers I had admired from afar. And when my jaw wasn't hanging open, I was laughing hysterically at the antics of people like Taco Bell, Major Pain, my partner in crime, Matt of the fly-mint-green-shirt fame, and of course Uncle Jimbo. If you haven't already made your reservations and registered, please consider doing so! The experience was incredible!




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: