3.12.2007

Trees for Paratroopers


I think that I shall never see
A drop zone lovely as a tree.
A tree who scans the skies all day
And lifts her hungry arms to prey.
A tree whose jagged limbs were pressed
Against the jumper's bleeding breast.
A tree who may in summer wear
A mess of troopers in her hair.
Upon whose bosom they have lain
And infinitely screamed with pain.
Jump pay is drawn by fools like me
But only God can miss a tree.

R.I.P. (Requiescat In Parachute)





*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Travel update: We're still in sunny Southern California. It has been non-stop since the day we arrived and isn't going to slow down tomorrow when we hit Disneyland. Today, I was dragged all over both stories of the Los Angeles American Girl Store. I have pictures but right now, my head is spinning from all of the girly-girl stuff I had to endure today. I'll post them when I can get access on my laptop to a wireless connection (I'm on the in-laws' desktop right now). I've about been "girlied out" as yesterday was the baby shower for my sister-in-law who is due to have a baby girl in June. So I've been up to my eyeballs in pink for the past few days. I'm about done!

We hit the friendly skies again Tuesday and head toward the Southeast for 2 weeks and then start to make our way back to the "medium-sized turd in the middle of the Pacific" as my good friend likes to call it ;~)

FbL ~ I saw that you called and I promise I'm going to call you back! My cell phone gets crappy reception up here so I have to wait for a free moment when I'm somewhere that I can call you back. That literally hasn't happened yet. But I promise I'll call!!!




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...