4.12.2007

A brilliant decision

So, in light of the (leaked) announcement by the Pentagon that immediately extends my husband's deployment by a minimum of 3 months, our Division has decided that a "town hall meeting" is in order. So they are holding one tomorrow night at 1830 (that's 6:30 p.m. for those of you, LIKE ME, who are not in the military).

And, of course, there will be many people there because there are many questions to be answered and much information to be disseminated. And, of course, many of the people there will be single parents. I don't know about you but, I have a hard time coming up with child care on a less-than-24-hour-notice basis. So my first question when our FRG leader (God love her!) informed me of the meeting was, "Will there be childcare available?" That is my standard question to ANY event that is proposed by ANY entity having ANYTHING to do with military life in ANY way. It's become reflex.

And the answer was "yes" BUT...











(wait for it)















...we have to PAY for it. Yep. For a meeting where crucial information will be disseminated and many questions will be fielded and answers provided (am I a little too optimistic here??)...a meeting that is taking place on a school night in less than 24 hours...and not ONLY are the spaces limited to the first 90 children, but we have to pay for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a handout. But you've just dumped a big frickin bombshell in our laps and now you're going to make things even HARDER. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.


Thanks. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that one.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...